[openstack-dev] [Climate] Lease by tenants feature design

Martinez, Christian christian.martinez at intel.com
Thu Feb 20 17:10:35 UTC 2014

Hello all,
I'm working in the following BP: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/climate/+spec/tenant-reservation-concept, in which the idea is to have the possibility to create "special" tenants that have a lease for all of its associated resources.

The BP is in discussing phase and we were having conversations on IRC about what approach should we follow.

First of all, we need to add some "parameters or flags" during the tenant creation so we can know that the associated resources need to have a lease. Does anyone know if Keystone has similar functionality to Nova in relation with Hooks/API extensions (something like the stuff mentioned on http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/devref/hooks.html ) ? My first idea is to intercept the tenant creation call (as it's being done with climate-nova) and use that information to associate a lease quota to the resources assigned to that tenant.

I'm not sure if this is the right approach or if this is even possible, so feedback is welcomed.

Regards,
Christian