[openstack-dev] Keystone working with V3

Vinod Kumar Boppanna vinod.kumar.boppanna at cern.ch
Wed Feb 19 16:21:48 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I am doing some development in Nova and in this regard, i have to write a code where Nova requests some date through V3 API of keystone. But the keystoneclient is always falling back to V2 (keystoneclient/v3/client.py). Due to this the keystone V3 API which i am using is failing as it is not available in V2.

I did a hack to solve it

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/74678/1/keystoneclient/v3/client.py

But i was told that it is not acceptable doing this way. So, does anybody from Keystone doing any thing on allowing V3 APIs in keystone client (not falling back to V2). If so, please let me know as my code in nova requires this feature and then only i can submit the code to Gerrit.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinod Kumar Boppanna