[openstack-dev] [Mistral] Notes on action YAML declaration and naming

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Mon Feb 17 05:23:30 UTC 2014

On 15 Feb 2014, at 04:01, Nikolay Makhotkin <nmakhotkin at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Dmitri, in our concerns under word 'input' we assume a block contains the info about how the input data will be taken for corresponding task from initial context. So, it will be a kind of expression (e.g. YAQL).
>
> Renat, am I right?

Yes, basically we should keep in mind that we have 2 types of parameters for an action:
Parameters that specify nature of the action itself (for example, “method: POST” for REST_API action type).
Input parameters determined dynamically using a selector expression defined on task level (it’s what we have as “input: $.people.[$.age > 30].address” in [0]). These define are a real action input interesting from a workflow logic perspective.

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mistral-poc

Renat