[openstack-dev] [Neutron][IPv6] CLI for the new subnet keywords

Shixiong Shang sparkofwisdom.cloud at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 02:23:15 UTC 2014

Hi, Abishek:

Thank you for taking care of Horizon for IPv6 enhancement. So now we have coverage on both CLI and dashboard side. Very exciting!

W.r.t your questions, these two parameters work independently. In other words, Horizon should present both options if the interested subnet is IPv6. For each parameter, the valid values are:
	off
	slacc
	dhcpv6-stateful
	dhcpv6-stateless

The CLI command may look like, for example, something below:

neutron subnet-create --ip-version 6 --ipv6_ra_mode off --ipv6_address_mode off NETWORK CIDR
neutron subnet-create --ip-version 6 --ipv6_ra_mode off --ipv6_address_mode dhcpv6-stateful NETWORK CIDR
neutron subnet-create --ip-version 6 --ipv6_ra_mode slaac --ipv6_address_mode slaac NETWORK CIDR
neutron subnet-create --ip-version 6 --ipv6_ra_mode dhcpv6-stateful --ipv6_address_mode off NETWORK CIDR
neutron subnet-create --ip-version 6 --ipv6_ra_mode dhcpv6-stateless --ipv6_address_mode dhcpv6-stateless NETWORK CIDR

The valid combinations are outlined in the PDF file below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bojvv9vywsz8sd/IPv6%20Two%20Modes%20v3.0.pdf

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Shixiong