[openstack-dev] [Ironic] mid-cycle details

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 22:45:54 UTC 2014

Hi folks!

tldr; If you will be attending the midcycle sprint in Grenoble the week of
Feb 3rd, please sign up HERE
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/openstack-ironic-kilo-midcycle-sprint-in-grenoble-tickets-15082886319>
.

Long version...

Before the holidays, I was behind in gathering and sharing information
about our midcycle sprint, which makes me even further behind now.... so
I've finally got those details to share with y'all! Also, I have some
thoughts / concerns, which I've shared in a separate email -- please go
read it.

Dates: Feb 3 - 5 (Tue - Thu) with a half day for those sticking around on
Friday, Feb 6th.

Location:
  Hewlett Packard Centre de Compétences
  5 Avenue Raymond Chanas
  38320 Eybens
  Grenoble, France

Grenoble is flat and fairly easy to get around, both by tram and by car.
The easiest airport to travel through is Lyon, and it is about an hour's
drive by car from the airport to Grenoble. (Also, it's a beautiful drive in
the countryside - I recommend it!)

I have previously stayed at the Mercure Centre Alpotel [1], and while not
the closest hotel (it's about 10 minutes by car or 25 minutes by tram to
HP's campus) it is within walking distance to the city center. I'll be
staying there again. There are also hotels around the Expo center, which is
just a few blocks from the HP campus, such as [2]. I have not arranged any
group rates at these hotels, but the city has plenty of availability and
this isn't peak travel season so rates are quite reasonable.

The weather forecast [3] will probably be chilly (around 45F or 7C during
the day), likely overcast with some rain, but probably not snowing in the
city. We'll be within easy driving distance of the Alps, so if you plan to
go exploring outside the city (ski trip, anyone?) dress for snow.

Regards,
Devananda

[1]
Hotel Mercure Grenoble Centre Alpotel