[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Docs] Move fuel-web/docs to fuel-docs
afedorova at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 23 17:20:45 UTC 2014
suggests us to move all documentation from fuel-web to fuel-docs
While I agree that moving Developer Guide to fuel-docs is a good idea,
there is an issue with autodocs which currently blocks the whole
If we move dev docs to fuel-docs as suggested by Christopher in  we
will make it impossible to build fuel-docs without cloning fuel-web
repository and installing all nailgun dependencies into current
environment. And this is bad from both CI and user point of view.
I think we should keep fuel-docs repository self-contained, i.e. one
should be able to build docs without any external code. We can add a
switch or separate make target to build 'addons' to this documentation
when explicitly requested, but it shouldn't be default behaviour.
Thus I think we need to split documentation in fuel-web/ repository
and move the "static" part to fuel-docs, but keep "dynamic"
auto-generated part in fuel-web repo. See patch .
Then to move docs from fuel-web to fuel-docs we need to perform following steps:
1) Merge/abandon all docs-related patches to fuel-web, see full list 
2) Merge updated patch  which removes docs from fuel-web repo,
leaving autogenerated api docs only.
3) Disable docs CI for fuel-web
4) Add building of api docs to fuel-web/run_tests.sh.
5) Update fuel-docs repository with new data as in patch  but
excluding anything related to autodocs.
6) Implement additional make target in fuel-docs to download and build
autodocs from fuel-web repo as a separate chapter.
7) Add this make target in fuel-docs CI.
Fuel Devops Engineer
More information about the OpenStack-dev