[openstack-dev] [nova][libvirt] - 'nova reboot' causes console-log truncated

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Dec 23 03:32:23 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 07:16:27PM -0800, Surojit Pathak wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> Can you please share some details of the effort, in terms of reference?

Well the initial discussions started with qemu at:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-12/msg00765.html
and then here:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-December/052356.html

You'll note the the focus of the discussion is rotating the log files but I'm
very much aware of the issue covered in theis thread and it will be covered in
my fixes.  Which is why I said 'almost' by accident ;P

I have a partial implementation for the log rotation in qemu (you can issue a
command from the monitor but I haven't looked at the HUP yet).  I started
looking at doing something in libvirt aswell but I haven't made much progress
there due to conflicting priorities.

Yours Tony.