[openstack-dev] [nova] How can I continue to complete a abandoned blueprint?

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 14:32:52 UTC 2014

On 12/22/2014 04:54 AM, li-zheming wrote:
> hi all: Bp
> flavor-quota-memory(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/flavor-quota-memory)
> was submitted by my partner in havana.   but it has abandoned because
> of  some reason.

Some reason == the submitter failed to provide any details on how the
work would be implemented, what the use cases were, and any alternatives
that might be possible.

 >  I want to  continue to this blueprint. Based on the
> rules about BP for
> <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack/?searchtext=for> kilo,
> for this bp, spec is not necessary, so I submit the code directly and
> give commit message to clear out questions in spec.  Is it right? how
> can I do? thanks!

Specs are no longer necessary for smallish features, no. A blueprint is
still necessary on Launchpad, so you should be able to use the abandoned
one you link above -- which, AFAICT, has enough implementation details
about the proposed changes.

Alternately, if you cannot get the original submitter to remove the spec
link to the old spec review, you can always start a new blueprint and we
can mark that one as obselete.

I'd like Dan Berrange (cc'd) to review whichever blueprint on Launchpad
you end up using. Please let us know what you do.

All the best,
-jay