[openstack-dev] [Heat] How can I write at milestone section of blueprint?

Yasunori Goto y-goto at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Dec 22 01:12:42 UTC 2014

> On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 05:02:04PM +0900, Yasunori Goto wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > This is the first mail at Openstack community,
>
> Welcome! :)
>
> > and I have a small question about how to write blueprint for Heat.
> >
> > Currently our team would like to propose 2 interfaces
> > for users operation in HOT.
> > (One is "Event handler" which is to notify user's defined event to heat.
> >  Another is definitions of action when heat catches the above notification.)
> > So, I'm preparing the blueprint for it.
>
> Please include details of the exact use-case, e.g the problem you're trying
> to solve (not just the proposed solution), as it's possible we can suggest
> solutions based on exiting interfaces.

Ok, I'll try.

> > However, I can not find how I can write at the milestone section of blueprint.
> >
> > Heat blueprint template has a section for Milestones.
> > "Milestones -- Target Milestone for completeion:"
> >
> > But I don't think I can decide it by myself.
> > In my understanding, it should be decided by PTL.
>
> Normally, it's decided by when the person submitting the spec expects to
> finish writing the code by.  The PTL doesn't really have much control over
> that ;)

I see.

> > In addition, probably the above our request will not finish
> > by Kilo. I suppose it will be "L" version or later.
>
> So to clarify, you want to propose the feature, but you're not planning on
> working on it (e.g implementing it) yourself?

I want to develop it.

> > So, what should I write at this section?
> > "Kilo-x", "L version", or empty?
>
> As has already been mentioned, it doesn't matter that much - I see it as a
> statement of intent from developers.  If you're just requesting a feature,
> you can even leave it blank if you want and we'll update it when an
> assignee is found (e.g during the spec review).

Thanks for your comment.

I'm very newbie of Openstack world.
To be honest, I don't have confidence when I can finish it.

(Though I have experience Linux kernel development,
 currently, I feel python/Openstack is more difficult than it for me yet.)

But, anyway, I'll do my best, and I'll write something at Milestone section.

Bye.

Yasunori Goto <y-goto at jp.fujitsu.com>