[openstack-dev] [TripleO] CI/CD report - 2014-12-12 - 2014-12-19

James Polley jp at jamezpolley.com
Fri Dec 19 17:10:41 UTC 2014

Two major CI outages this week

2014-12-12 - 2014-12-15 - pip install MySQL-python failing on fedora
- There was an updated mariadb-devel package, which caused pip install of
the python bindings to fail as gcc could not build using the provided
headers.
 - derekh put in a workaround on the 15th but we have to wait until
upstream provides a fixed package for a permanent resolution

2014-12-17 - failures in many projects on py33 tests
- Caused by an unexpected interaction between new features in pbr and the
way docutils handles python3 compatibility
- derekh resolved this by tweaking the build process to not build pbr -
just download the latest pbr from upstream

As always, more details can be found at
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-breakages

The HP2 region is still struggling along trying to be built. I've created a
trello board at https://trello.com/b/MXbIP2qe/tripleo-cd to track current
roadblocks + the current outstanding patches we're using to build HP2.

If you're a CD admin and would like to help get HP2 up and running, take a
look at the board (and ping me when you hit something I've written in a way
that only makes sense if you already understand the problem). If you're not
a CD admin, a few of the patches need some simple tidyups.