[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Adding code to add node to fuel UI

Andrey Danin adanin at mirantis.com
Thu Dec 18 20:32:36 UTC 2014

It's enough for you to just create a new role in openstack.yaml and maybe
some descriptions in UI components.

Then you should capture this role in Puppet manifests. Look at the 'case'
operator [1]. Just add a new case for your role and call your 'vim' class
here.

[1]
https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-library/blob/master/deployment/puppet/osnailyfacter/manifests/cluster_simple.pp#L227

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 10:03 PM, Satyasanjibani Rautaray <
engg.sanj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike
>
> this Document helped a lot
>
> I may be missing something thing for which i need some help below is the
> details for which i require some help.
>
> i have a vim.pp file for testing which will install vim on the particular
> node which is not a part of controller or compute or any openstack
> component nodes
>
> The current zabbix-server under the manager.py did something as below
> <snip>
> from nailgun.utils.zabbix import ZabbixManager
>
> @classmethod
> def get_zabbix_url(cls, cluster):
> zabbix_node = ZabbixManager.get_zabbix_node(cluster)
> if zabbix_node is None:
>              return None
> ip_cidr = cls.get_node_network_by_netname(
> zabbix_node, 'public'
> )['ip']
> ip = ip_cidr.split('/')[0]
> return 'http://{0}/zabbix'.format(ip)
>
> </snip>
>
> at receiver.py
>
> <snip>
>      zabbix_url = objects.Cluster.get_network_manager(
> task.cluster
> ).get_zabbix_url(task.cluster)
>
> if zabbix_url:
> zabbix_suffix = " Access Zabbix dashboard at {0}".format(
> zabbix_url
> )
> message += zabbix_suffix
>
> </snip>
>
> at task.py
>
> <snip>
>
> from nailgun.utils.zabbix import ZabbixManager
> # check if there's a zabbix server in an environment
> # and if there is, remove hosts
> if ZabbixManager.get_zabbix_node(task.cluster):
> zabbix_credentials = ZabbixManager.get_zabbix_credentials(
> task.cluster
> )
> logger.debug("Removing nodes %s from zabbix" % (nodes_to_delete))
> try:
> ZabbixManager.remove_from_zabbix(
> zabbix_credentials, nodes_to_delete
> )
> except (errors.CannotMakeZabbixRequest,
> errors.ZabbixRequestError) as e:
> logger.warning("%s, skipping removing nodes from Zabbix", e)
>
> </snip>
>
> and
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84408/39/nailgun/nailgun/utils/zabbix.py
>

> i am not able to get how can i connect to the vim.pp file
>
> Thanks
> Satya
>

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Mike Scherbakov <mscherbakov at mirantis.com
> > wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> did you come across
>> http://docs.mirantis.com/fuel-dev/develop/addition_examples.html ?
>>
>> I believe it should cover your use case.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 11:43 PM, Satyasanjibani Rautaray <
>> engg.sanj at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just need to deploy the node and install my required packages.

>> --
> [...]

Andrey Danin
adanin at mirantis.com
skype: gcon.monolake