[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Bug squashing followup

Derek Higgins derekh at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 11:25:40 UTC 2014

While bug squashing yesterday, I went through quite a lot of bugs
closing those that were already fixed or no longer relevant, closing
around 40 bugs. I eventually ran out of time, but I'm pretty sure if we
split the task up between us we could weed out a lot more.

What I'd like to do is, as a once off, randomly split up all the bugs to
a group of volunteers (hopefully a large number of people), each person
gets assigned X number of bugs and is then responsible for just deciding
if it is still a relevant bug (or finding somebody who can help decide)
and closing if necessary. Nothing needs to get fixed here we just need
to make sure people are have a uptodate list of relevant bugs.

So who wants to volunteer? We probably need about 15+ people for this to
be split into manageable chunks. If your willing to help out just add
your name to this list
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-bug-weeding

If we get enough people I'll follow up by splitting out the load and
assigning to people.

The bug squashing day yesterday put a big dent in these, but wasn't
entirely focused on weeding out stale bugs, some people probably got
caught up fixing individual bugs and it wasn't helped by a temporary
failure of our CI jobs (provoked by a pbr update and we were building
pbr when we didn't need to be).

thanks,
Derek.