[openstack-dev] [nova][resend with correct subject prefix] ask for usage of quota reserve

Eli Qiao(Li Yong Qiao) taget at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Dec 18 08:33:07 UTC 2014

hi all,
can anyone tell if we call quotas.reserve() but never call
quotas.commit() or quotas.rollback().
what will happen?

for example:

 1. when doing resize, we call quotas.reserve() to reservea a delta
    quota.(new_flavor - old_flavor)
 2. for some reasons, nova-compute crashed, and not chance to call
    quotas.commit() or quotas.rollback() /(called by finish_resize in
    nova/compute/manager.py)/
 3. next time restart nova-compute server, is the delta quota still
    reserved , or do we need any other operation on quotas?

Thanks in advance
-Eli.

ps: this is related to patch : Handle RESIZE_PREP status when nova
compute do init_instance(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/132827/)
<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/132827/>

--
Thanks Eli Qiao(qiaoly at cn.ibm.com)