[openstack-dev] [nova] Setting MTU size for tap device

Ryu Ishimoto ryu at midokura.com
Thu Dec 18 06:29:58 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I noticed that in linux_net.py, the method to create a tap interface[1]
does not let you set the MTU size.  In other places, I see calls made to
set the MTU of the device [2].

I'm wondering if there is any technical reasons to why we can't also set
the MTU size when creating tap interfaces for general cases.  In certain
overlay solutions, this would come in handy.  If there isn't any, I would
love to submit a patch to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance!

Ryu

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/network/linux_net.py#L1374