[openstack-dev] [all][gerrit] Showing all inline comments from all patch sets

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 17:31:35 UTC 2014

I've envisioned basically the same feature before, but I don't find the
comments to be particularly useful without the complete context.

What I really want from gerrit is a 3-way diff, wherein the first column is
always the original state of the repo, the second column is a
user-selectable patchset between (patchset 1) and (latest patchset - 1),
and the third column is always the (latest patchset). And then make it easy
for me to switch the middle column to a different patchset, without
scrolling back to the top of the page. You'd be able to quickly skim
through the history of comments and see the evolution of a patch, which I
think is the same user experience that you're looking for?

I agree with Jeremy though, this is ideally an upstream effort to improve
gerrit itself.