[openstack-dev] [Mistral] For-each

Dmitri Zimine dzimine at stackstorm.com
Tue Dec 16 01:11:45 UTC 2014

I had a short user feedback sessions with Patrick and James, the short summary is:

1) simplify the syntax to optimize for the most common use case
2) 'concurrency' is the best word - but bring it out of for-each to task level, or task/policies
3) all-permutation - relatively rare case, either implement as a different construct - like ‘for-every’, or use workaround.

Another feedback is  for-each as a term is confusing: people expect a different behavior (e.g., run sequentially, modify individual elements)
while it is effectively a ‘map’ function. No good suggestion on the better name yet. Keep on looking.

The details are added into the document.

DZ.