[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Core/Vendor code decomposition

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 07:22:08 UTC 2014

On 12 December 2014 at 23:01, Yuriy Shovkoplias <yshovkoplias at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Dear neutron community,
>
> Can you please clarify couple points on the vendor code decomposition?
>  - Assuming I would like to create the new driver now (Kilo development
> cycle) - is it already allowed (or mandatory) to follow the new process?
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134680/

Yes. See [1] for more details.

> - Assuming the new process is already in place, are the following
> guidelines still applicable for the vendor integration code (not for vendor
> library)?
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron_Plugins_and_Drivers
> The following is a list of requirements for inclusion of code upstream:
>
>    - Participation in Neutron meetings, IRC channels, and email lists.
>    - A member of the plugin/driver team participating in code reviews of
>    other upstream code.

I see no reason why you wouldn't follow those guidelines, as a general rule
of thumb. Having said that, some of the wording would need to be tweaked to
take into account of the new contribution model. Bear in mind, that I
started adding some developer documentation in [2], to give a practical
guide to the proposal. More to follow.

Cheers,
Armando

[1]