[openstack-dev] tempest - object_storage

Timur Nurlygayanov tnurlygayanov at mirantis.com
Fri Dec 12 20:02:56 UTC 2014

Hi Anton,

it depends on the storage service which you use on this lab.
Tempest tests can fail, for example, if the configuration or your object
storage has some customizations. Also you can change the tempest
configuration to adapt tempest tests for your environment.

On my test OpenStack IceHouse cloud with Swift (HA, baremetal) these tests
are green, but other 'object_storage' tests failed:

-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_account_bulk.BulkTest.test_bulk_delete[gate]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_account_bulk.BulkTest.test_extract_archive[gate]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_account_bulk.BulkTest.test_bulk_delete_by_POST[gate]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_account_quotas_negative.AccountQuotasNegativeTest.test_user_modify_quota[gate,negative,smoke]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_container_quotas.ContainerQuotasTest.test_upload_large_object[gate,smoke]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_container_quotas.ContainerQuotasTest.test_upload_too_many_objects[gate,smoke]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_container_staticweb.StaticWebTest.test_web_index
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_container_staticweb.StaticWebTest.test_web_listing_css
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_container_staticweb.StaticWebTest.test_web_error
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_crossdomain.CrossdomainTest.test_get_crossdomain_policy
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_formpost.ObjectFormPostTest.test_post_object_using_form[gate]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_formpost_negative.ObjectFormPostNegativeTest.test_post_object_using_form_invalid_signature[gate]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_formpost_negative.ObjectFormPostNegativeTest.test_post_object_using_form_expired[gate,negative]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_services.PublicObjectTest.test_access_public_container_object_without_using_creds[gate,smoke]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_slo.ObjectSloTest.test_delete_large_object[gate]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_slo.ObjectSloTest.test_list_large_object_metadata[gate]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_slo.ObjectSloTest.test_retrieve_large_object[gate]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_slo.ObjectSloTest.test_upload_manifest[gate]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_temp_url.ObjectTempUrlTest.test_get_object_using_temp_url_with_inline_query_parameter[gate]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_temp_url_negative.ObjectTempUrlNegativeTest.test_get_object_after_expiration_time[gate,negative]
-
tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_version.ContainerTest.test_versioned_container[gate,smoke]

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Anton Massoud <anton.massoud at ericsson.com>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> We are running tempest on icehouse, in our tempest runs, we found that the
> below test cases are failing in random iterations but not always.
>

> tempest.api.object_storage.test_account_services.AccountTest.test_update_account_metadata_with_delete_matadata_key[gate,smoke]
>

> tempest.api.object_storage.test_container_services.ContainerTest.test_list_container_contents_with_path[gate,smoke]
>

> tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_expiry.ObjectExpiryTest.test_get_object_after_expiry_time[gate]
>

> tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_expiry.ObjectExpiryTest.test_get_object_at_expiry_time[gate]
>

> tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_services.ObjectTest.test_object_upload_in_segments[gate]
>

> tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_services.ObjectTest.test_update_object_metadata[gate,smoke]
>

> tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_services.ObjectTest.test_update_object_metadata_with_create_and_remove_metadata[gate,smoke]
>

> tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_services.ObjectTest.test_update_object_metadata_with_remove_metadata
>

> tempest.api.object_storage.test_account_services.AccountTest.test_update_account_metadata_with_create_and_delete_metadata[gate,smoke]
>

> tempest.api.object_storage.test_container_services.ContainerTest.test_create_container[gate,smoke]
>

> tempest.api.object_storage.test_container_services.ContainerTest.test_delete_container[gate,smoke]
>

> tempest.api.object_storage.test_object_services.ObjectTest.test_copy_object_2d_way[gate,smoke]
>

> Anyone  else has experienced the same, any idea what that may be caused of
>

> /Anton

Timur,
Senior QA Engineer
OpenStack Projects