[openstack-dev] [neutron] mid-cycle update

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Wed Dec 10 23:14:57 UTC 2014

The Neutron mid-cycle [1] is now complete, I wanted to let everyone know
how it went. Thanks to all who attended, we got a lot done. I admit to
being skeptical of mid-cycles, especially given the cross project meeting a
month back on the topic. But this particular one was very useful. We had
defined tasks to complete, and we made a lot of progress! What we
accomplished was:

1. We finished splitting out neutron advanced services and get things
working again post-split.
2. We had a team refactoring the L3 agent who now have a batch of commits
to merge post services-split.
3. We worked on refactoring the core API and WSGI layer, and produced
multiple specs on this topic and some POC code.
4. We had someone working on IPV6 tempest tests for the gate who made good
progress here.
5. We had multiple people working on plugin decomposition who are close to
getting this working.

Overall, it was a great sprint! Thanks to Adobe for hosting, Utah is a
beautiful state.

Looking forward to the rest of Kilo!

Kyle

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Sprints/NeutronKiloSprint