[openstack-dev] People of OpenStack (and their IRC nicks)

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Dec 10 18:39:36 UTC 2014

On 12/10/2014 02:30 AM, Matthew Gilliard wrote:
> So, are we agreed that http://www.openstack.org/community/members/ is
> the authoritative place for IRC lookups? In which case, I'll take the
> old content out of https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/People and leave a
> message directing people where to look.

Yes, please, let me know if you need help.

> I don't have the imagination to use anything other than my real name
> on IRC but for people who do, should we try to encourage putting the
> IRC nick in the gerrit name?

That's hard to enforce. A better way to solve this would be to link
directly gerrit IDs to openstack.org profile URL but I have no idea how
that would work. Gerrit seems only to show full name and email address
as a fly-over, when you hover on the reviewer/owner name in the UI.