[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Fuel agent proposal

Yuriy Zveryanskyy yzveryanskyy at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 9 17:35:35 UTC 2014

Vladimir,
IMO there is more "global" problem. Anyone who wants to use baremetal deploy
service should resolve problems with power management, PXE/iPXE support,
DHCP, etc. Or he/she can use Ironic. User has his own vision of deploy
workflow
and features needed for it. He hears from Ironic people: "Feature X
should be
only after release Y" or "This don't fit in Ironic at all".
Fuel Agent + driver is the answer. I see Fuel Agent + driver as a solution
for anyone who wants custom features.