[openstack-dev] [hacking] proposed rules drop for 1.0

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Dec 9 17:07:30 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-09 11:56:54 -0500 (-0500), Sean Dague wrote:
> Honestly, any hard rejection ends up problematic. For instance, it
> means it's impossible to include actual urls in commit messages to
> reference things without a url shortener much of the time.

Fair enough. I think this makes it a human problem which we're not
going to solve by applying more technology. Drop all of H8XX, make
Gerrit preserve votes on commit-message-only patchset updates,
decree no more commit message -1s from reviewers, and make it
socially acceptable to just edit commit messages of changes you
review to bring them up to acceptable standards.
--
Jeremy Stanley