[openstack-dev] new library oslo.context released

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Dec 9 15:55:59 UTC 2014

The Oslo team is pleased to announce the release of oslo.context 0.1.0. This is the first version of oslo.context, the library containing the base class for the request context object. This is a relatively small module, but we’ve placed it in a separate library so oslo.messaging and oslo.log can both influence its API without “owning” it or causing circular dependencies.

This initial release includes enough support for projects to start adopting the oslo_context.RequestContext as the base class for existing request context implementations. The documentation [1] covers the basic API that is present now. We expect to find a few holes as we start integrating the library into existing projects, so liaisons please work with us to identify and plug the holes by reporting bugs or raising issues in #openstack-oslo.

There are a few more API additions planned for the library, but those will come later in the release cycle. Please see the spec for details if you are interested [2].

Thanks!
Doug

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/oslo.context/
[2] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/oslo-specs/specs/kilo/graduate-oslo-context.html