[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Neutron documentation to update about new vendor plugin, but without code in repository?

Vadivel Poonathan vadivel.openstack at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 20:10:29 UTC 2014

Hi Anne,

I provided my comment in the review itself.. and pasted below for your
quick view.

Thanks,
Vad
--

Vadivel Poonathan12:05 PM

I understand the "other drivers" mean the external drivers which are not
part of the official openstack repository. So the reference drivers which
are part of the official openstack repository will be "fully" documented
and for the other such external drivers, this new idea of listing them with
a short description and a link to vendor provided webpage is proposed!.

So why again it is mentioned as ""Only drivers are covered that are
contained in the official OpenStack project repository"" ???? - i 'm
confused!.

If this new proposal (short desc and external link) is again meant for only
the drivers that are part of official openstack main repository - then why
do we need this proposal itself?...

I believe it originally triggered from the fact that we need a placeholder
for listing the out-of-tree drivers. Since they are not part of the
official openstack release/repository, they can not be documented or listed
in the current existing documentation. Hence this idea of providing a
placeholder with short desc and external link is proposed. Hence the
out-of-tree vendors will maintain their plugin/drivers and detailed
documentation.

Pls. let me know if i missing something.