[openstack-dev] [nova] bug 1334398 and libvirt live snapshot support

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Dec 5 18:50:37 UTC 2014

In Juno we effectively disabled live snapshots with libvirt due to bug
1334398 [1] failing the gate about 25% of the time.

I was going through the Juno release notes today and saw this as a known
issue, which reminded me of it and was wondering if there is anything
being done about it?

As I recall, it *works* but it wasn't working under the stress our
check/gate system puts on that code path.

One thing I'm thinking is, couldn't we make this an experimental config
option and by default it's disabled but we could run it in the
experimental queue, or people could use it without having to patch the
code to remove the artificial minimum version constraint put in the code.

Something like:

if CONF.libvirt.live_snapshot_supported:
    # do your thing

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1334398

Matt Riedemann