[openstack-dev] [neutron] Changes to the core team

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Thu Dec 4 19:40:16 UTC 2014

On 12/04/2014 02:18 PM, Adam Young wrote:
> On 12/04/2014 01:44 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
>> On 12/04/2014 09:24 AM, Anita Kuno wrote:
>>> I think we move into very dangerous territory if we are equating a core
>>> review Gerrit permission (it is just a Gerrit permission, if it is
>>> perceived as anything other than that that is a perception we have
>>> created ourselves) with value as an OpenStack contributor.
> Forget the +2.  I would want Bob to have -2 capability on Neutron.
>
> A -1 can be reset with just a new review.  A -2  is the real power of
> core.  The power to say "this is wrong, and you need to address it
> before it moves on."
>
> And I say that as someone who has been on the receiving end of multiple
> -2s...
That is not currently an acl setting we have in Gerrit.

If you feel strongly that we should add an additional category for
Gerrit acls, do add an agenda item to the infra team meeting and we
would be glad to hear your rational and discuss what we are and are not
able to do in Gerrit.

Thanks Adam,
Anita.