[openstack-dev] [glance] Deprecating osprofiler option 'enabled' in favour of 'profiler_enabled'

Nikhil Komawar nikhil.komawar at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Dec 4 02:56:10 UTC 2014

Don't care either way, let's be consistent with other projects and raise this concern in next weekly cross-project meeting [1] to see what "all" of the projects mutually agree on. If there is no consensus, let's stick to what we have.

@Louis: Can you please add that to the agenda of the cross-project meeting?

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/CrossProjectMeeting

Thanks,
-Nikhil

From: Ian Cordasco [ian.cordasco at RACKSPACE.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 10:32 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [glance] Deprecating osprofiler option 'enabled' in favour of 'profiler_enabled'

Except for the fact that the person who implemented this was told to
change the option name in other projects because it conflicted with a
different option. We can keep this if we’re worried about being too
obvious (to the point of becoming the Department of Redundancy Department)
with our naming. I don’t think other projects will be very happy having to
change their naming especially if the original name was already a problem.