[openstack-dev] [oslo] oslo.messaging config option deprecation

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Dec 3 20:45:10 UTC 2014

So this -
https://github.com/openstack/oslo.messaging/commit/bcb3b23b8f6e7d01e38fdc031982558711bb7586
was clearly a violation of our 1 cycle for deprecation of config options.

I think that should be reverted, an oops release put out to fix it, and
then deprecate for 1.6.

If oslo libraries are going to include config options, they have to
follow the same config deprecation as that's a contract that projects
project up. Otherwise we need to rethink the ability for libraries to
use oslo config (which, honestly is worth rethinking).

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net