[openstack-dev] [stable] Exception proposals for 2014.2.1

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Dec 3 09:52:10 UTC 2014

Alan Pevec wrote:
> General: cap Oslo and client library versions - sync from
> openstack/requirements stable/juno, would be good to include in the
> release.
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+branch:stable/juno+topic:openstack/requirements,n,z

So it looks like we should hold on that, and revert the recent capping
before release (see further down on this thread).

> Ceilometer (all proposed by Ceilo PTL)
> https://review.openstack.org/138315
Already in

> https://review.openstack.org/138317
+1

> https://review.openstack.org/138320
+1

> https://review.openstack.org/138321
Impact a bit unclear, but then the fix is basic

> https://review.openstack.org/138322
+1

> Cinder
> https://review.openstack.org/137537 - small change and limited to the
> VMWare driver
+1

> Glance
> https://review.openstack.org/137704 - glance_store is backward
> compatible, but not sure about forcing version bump on stable
-1 for 2014.2.1 exception, also needs to be revisited in light of recent
capping revert proposal

> https://review.openstack.org/137862 - Disable osprofiler by default to
> prevent upgrade issues, disabled by default in other services
Sounds like something we'd rather have in the point release than after.
I don't think it's aversion incompatibility issue, but more of an
upgrade potential pain.

> Horizon
> standing-after-freeze translation update, coming on Dec 3
> https://review.openstack.org/138018 - visible issue, no translation
> string changes
+1

> https://review.openstack.org/138313 - low risk patch for a highly
> problematic issue
Already in

> Neutron
> https://review.openstack.org/136294 - default SNAT, see review for
> details, I cannot distil 1liner :)
-1: I would rather fix the doc to match behavior, than change behavior
to match the doc and lose people that were relying on it.

> https://review.openstack.org/136275 - self-contained to the vendor
> code, extensively tested in several deployments
+0: Feels a bit large for a last-minute exception.

> Nova
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/juno+topic:1386236/juno,n,z
> - soaked more than a week in master, makes numa actually work in Juno
+0: Also feels a bit large for a last-minute exception

> Sahara
> https://review.openstack.org/135549 - fix for auto security groups,
> there were some concerns, see review for details
Already in

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)