[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Nailgun] Web framework

Igor Kalnitsky ikalnitsky at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 2 14:55:17 UTC 2014

Hi, Sebastian,

Thank you for raising this topic again.

Yes, indeed, we need to move out from web.py as soon as possible and
there are a lot of reasons why we should do it. But this topic is not
about "Why", this topic is about "Flask or Pecan".

Well, currently Fuel uses both of this frameworks:

* OSTF is using Pecan
* Fuel Stats is using Flask

Personally, I'd like to use Flask instead of Pecan, because first one
is more production-ready tool and I like its design. But I believe
this should be resolved by voting.

Thanks,
Igor