[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Alternate meeting time

Derek Higgins derekh at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 14:45:54 UTC 2014

On 02/12/14 14:10, James Polley wrote:
> Months ago, I pushed for us to alternate meeting times to something that
> was friendlier to me, so we started doing alternate weeks at 0700UTC.
> That worked well for me, but wasn't working so well for a few people in
> Europe, so we decided to give 0800UTC a try. Then DST changes happened,
> and wiki pages got out of sync, and there was confusion about what time
> the meeting is at..
>
> The alternate meeting hasn't been very well attended for the last ~3
> meetings. Partly I think that's due to summit and travel plans, but it
> seems like the 0800UTC time doesn't work very well for quite a few people.
>
> So, instead of trying things at random, I've
> created https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-alternate-meeting-time
> as a starting point for figuring out what meeting time might work well
> for the most people. Obviously the world is round, and people have
> different schedules, and we're never going to get a meeting time that
> works well for everyone - but it'd be nice to try to maximise attendance
> (and minimise inconvenience) as much as we can.
>
> If you regularly attend, or would like to attend, the meeting, please
> take a moment to look at the etherpad to register your vote for which
> time works best for you. There's even a section for you to cast your
> vote if the UTC1900 meeting (aka the "main" or "US-Friendly" meeting)
> works better for you!

Can I suggest an alternative data gathering method, I've put each hour
in a week in a poll, for each slot you have 3 options

Yes, If needs be and no

if we all were to fill in this poll with what suits each of us we should
easily see the overlaps,

I just picked a week, ignore the dates, Assume times are UTC. Any
thoughts on this? I think it would allow us to explore all options
available.

http://doodle.com/27ffgkdm5gxzr654