[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [CI] Cinder/Ceph CI setup

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 13:00:45 UTC 2014

On 11/27/2014 02:23 PM, Derek Higgins wrote:
> On 27/11/14 10:21, Duncan Thomas wrote:
>> I'd suggest starting by making it an extra job, so that it can be
>> monitored for a while for stability without affecting what is there.
>
> we have to be careful here, adding an extra job for this is probably the
> safest option but tripleo CI resources are a constraint, for that reason
> I would add it to the HA job (which is currently non voting) and once
> its stable we should make it voting.
>

>> I'd be supportive of making it the default HA job in the longer term as
>> long as the LVM code is still getting tested somewhere - LVM is still
>> the reference implementation in cinder and after discussion there was
>> strong resistance to changing that.
 >
> We are and would continue to use lvm for our non ha jobs, If I
> understand it correctly the tripleo lvm support isn't HA so continuing
> to test it on our HA job doesn't achieve much.
>

>> I've no strong opinions on the node layout, I'll leave that to more
>> knowledgable people to discuss.
>>
>> Is the ceph/tripleO code in a working state yet? Is there a guide to
>> using it?

hi guys, thanks for replying

I just wanted to add here a link to the blueprint so you can keep track
of development [1]

all the code to make it happen (except the actual CI job config changes)
is up for review now so feedback and reviews are indeed appreciated :)

1. https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/tripleo-kilo-cinder-ha
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA