[openstack-dev] Rally scenario Issue

Ajay Kalambur (akalambu) akalambu at cisco.com
Fri Aug 29 19:42:50 UTC 2014

Hi
I am trying to run the Rally scenario boot-runcommand-delete. This scenario has the following code
 def boot_runcommand_delete(self, image, flavor,
                               script, interpreter, username,
                               fixed_network="private",
                               floating_network="public",
                               ip_version=4, port=22,
                               use_floatingip=True, **kwargs):
  server = None
        floating_ip = None
        try:
            print "fixed network:%s floating network:%s" %(fixed_network,floating_network)
            server = self._boot_server(
                self._generate_random_name("rally_novaserver_"),
                image, flavor, key_name='rally_ssh_key', **kwargs)

            self.check_network(server, fixed_network)

The question I have is the instance is created with a call to boot_server but no networks are attached to this server instance. Next step it goes and checks if the fixed network is attached to the instance and sure enough it fails
At the step highlighted in bold. Also I cannot see this failure unless I run rally with –v –d object. So it actually reports benchmark scenario numbers in a table with no errors when I run with
rally task start boot-and-delete.json

And reports results. First what am I missing in this case. Thing is I am using neutron not nova-network
Second when most of the steps in the scenario failed like attaching to network, ssh and run command why bother reporting the results

Ajay