[openstack-dev] [nova] Is the BP approval process broken?

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Fri Aug 29 18:17:10 UTC 2014

On 29 August 2014 18:48, Dugger, Donald D <donald.d.dugger at intel.com> wrote:
> All good points but I want to add an observation.
>
> IRC seems to be the generic answer to all problems and, personally, I don't think that's a good medium.  Having to depend upon who just might be on IRC at a particular moment seems rather hit or miss.  I much prefer something like email where I have a little more time to compose my thoughts, you don't have to be right there constantly and there's an easy history.
>
> Note, that's just personal preference, given that IRC is the preferred medium for many things I'll just have to change my processes.

After moving to use ZNC, I find IRC works much better for me now, but
I am still learning really.

Email is fine. Both works well too (IRC ping me to read the email).

Personally, I find conversations on IRC more efficient than long email
threads, with slow replies. But I certainly want to respect everyones
communication preferences.

John