[openstack-dev] [CEILOMETER] Trending Alarm

Henrique Truta henrique at lsd.ufcg.edu.br
Thu Aug 28 18:07:59 UTC 2014

Hello, everyone!

I want to have an alarm that is triggered by some kind of trend. For
example, an alarm that is triggeredwhen the CPU utilization is growing
steadly (for example, has grown approximately 10% per 5 minutes, where
the percentage and time window would be parameters, but then I would
evaluate also more complex forms to compute trends).Is there any way to
do this kind of task?

I took a brief look on the code and saw that new evaluators can be
created. So, I thought about two possibilities: the former includes
creating a new Evaluator that considers a given window size and the
latter considers on adding a "change rate" comparator, which will enable
to set the growth rate as the threshold.

What do you think about it?

Best Regards
--
Henrique Truta