[openstack-dev] [all] The future of the integrated release

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Wed Aug 27 15:17:57 UTC 2014

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> For example, Matt helped me with an issue yesterday, and afterwards
> I asked him to write up a few details about how he reached his
> conclusion because he was moving fast enough that I wasn’t
> actually learning anything from what he was saying to me on IRC.
> Having an example with some logs and then even stream of
> consciousness notes like “I noticed the out of memory error, and
> then I found the first instance of that and looked at the oom-killer
> report in syslog to see which process was killed and it was X which
> might mean Y” would help.

+many

I'd _love_ to be more capable at gate debugging.

That said, it does get easier just by doing it. The first many times
is like beating my head against the wall, especially the constant
sense of where am I and where do I need to go.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent