[openstack-dev] [infra] Centos 7 images for HP Helion

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Aug 27 10:31:44 UTC 2014

hi Ian,

I work on the CentOS images at centos.org

On 08/26/2014 11:11 AM, Ian Wienand wrote:
> I would like to get centos 7 based testing working, but I am stuck
> without images being provided in the HP Cloud.  Rackspace has a
> (slightly quirky, but workable) image and we have an experimental job
> that runs fine.

If you let me know what the issues with the Rackspace images are, I can
try to reach out and help them work through those.

> I am aware that building our own custom images with disk-image-builder
> is the way forward for this.  I will certainly be working on this once
> the changes have made their way into nodepool and have been deployed.
> However, this is a very large change to the way upstream infra works
> and I think the existing change is enough to digest without adding new
> platforms from day 1.
>
> Also, we generally find a few quirks in differences between rax and hp
> platforms (certainly f20 work did), so getting them sorted before we
> add in the complexity of d-i-b is a win.

If there is anything I can help with from CentOS side w.r.t disk image
builder, please let me know.

> Can someone from hp *please* contact me about this.  If there are
> issues with the centos side, I will be able to find people to help

I'm working with the HP Cloud folks and hope to have images up soon,
I'll ping back once they are live. Should be fairly soon,

Regards

--
Karanbir Singh