[openstack-dev] [neutron] Incubator concerns from packaging perspective

loy wolfe loywolfe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 01:34:27 UTC 2014

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Luke Gorrie <luke at tail-f.com> wrote:

> On 21 August 2014 12:12, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Let the ones that are primarily interested in
>>  good quality of that code (vendors) to drive development. And if some
>> plugins become garbage, it's bad news for specific vendors; if neutron
>> screws because of lack of concentration on core features and open
>> source plugins, everyone is doomed.
>>

> Completely agree with this sentiment. Is there a crisp distinction between
> a "vendor" plugin and an "open source" plugin though?

This topic is interesting: should all opensource backend drivers be put
into the tree?

But as Kyle has mentioned earlier, Incubator is not the place to discuss
in-tree / out-tree for 3rd vs. built-in drivers, but the place to bake
newly introduced API and resource model for fast iteration, so I'll forward
this topic in another thread.