[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Beta milestone of Fuel 5.1 now available!

David Easter deaster at mirantis.com
Tue Aug 26 22:11:29 UTC 2014

Hi All,

   I¹m thrilled to announce that we¹ve reached the beta milestone for the
Fuel Project.  This beta release is made available to allow a broad user
base to test and evaluate the next minor version of Fuel, but is not
recommended for production use at this stage.

What¹s New in Fuel 5.1?

  The primary new features of Fuel 5.1 are:
* An upgrade path from 5.0 or 5.0.1 to 5.1
* Automated updating an existing OpenStack environment (e.g. from 2014.1 to
2014.1.1)
*
* Access control to the Fuel UI and API
*
* Deployment of the ML2 Open vSwitch plug-in for Neutron
*
* The Fuel Master Node can be backed-up and restored
*
* VMWare NSX is supported as a network option for KVM hypervisors
*
* VMWare vCenter integration supports multiple vCenter clusters
*
* Mellanox hardware support for ISER & SR-IOV based networking
*
* The Zabbix monitoring solution can be deployed by Fuel (experimental)
*
* Experimental features can now be explicitly enabled or disabled

How you can participate

  To join us in the beta program, please follow these guidelines:
* You can download the latest beta build from the public jenkins repository:
> * https://fuel-jenkins.mirantis.com/view/ISO/
> <https://fuel-jenkins.mirantis.com/view/ISO/>
> *
> * Look for the latest build that has passed the standard BVT tests.
> *
> * You can choose to download the ISO, IMG or Upgrade (UPGD) file by clicking
> on these links next to the build name.  UPGD is for those folks upgrading from
> Fuel 5.0 or 5.0.1 to 5.1.  Download the ISO or IMG if you¹re installing fresh.
>> * For this beta, we¹re making the files available via BitTorrent, so please
>> be sure to have a BitTorrent compatible client to download the files.
* Beta documentation for the release is available:
> * http://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/master/
> <http://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/master/>
* If you have questions, want to provide feedback or encounter issues with
the beta release, you can contact the community developers in a couple of
ways:
> * IRC at freenode.net: #fuel-dev
> *
> * OpenStack developers mailing list
> <http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev> :
> Obviously, if you¹re receiving this message, you¹re already signed up but if
> you want to forward this info to someone else, just let them know to sign up
> for this openstack-dev mailing list and send E-mails with the subject starting
> with "[Fuel]".
* If you find a reproducible bug, you can log it on Launchpad here:
> * https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel <https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel>
> *
> * Please be sure to run the Diagnostic Snapshot to collect the logs and
> configuration files needed by our dev team to troubleshoot the issue.

We welcome any and all levels of participation in this Beta and we look
forward to making this release of Fuel the best ever!

Thanks,

- David J. Easter
  Director of Product Management,  Mirantis, Inc.