[openstack-dev] [all] [ptls] The Czar system, or how to scale PTLs

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Tue Aug 26 15:07:29 UTC 2014

On 08/26/2014 05:13 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> OK, now that we have evacuated the terminology issue (we'll use liaison
> or janitor or secretary, not czar), and side-stepped the offtopic
> development (this is not about suppressing PTLs, just a framework to let
> them delegate along predetermined lines if they want to)... which of
> those unnamed roles do we need ?
>
> In the thread were mentioned:
> - Bugs janitor (keep reported bugs under control)
> - Oslo liaison (already in place)
> - Security mule (VMT first point of contact)
> - Release secretary (communication with integrated release management)
> - Infrastructure contact (for gate and other infra issues)
> - Docs lieutenant (docs point of contact)
>
> Anita mentioned the "3rd party space" person, but I wonder if it would
> not be specific to some projects. Would it actually be separate from the
> "Infra contact" role ?
I think your assessment of specific to some projects is accurate.

For instance, for Neutron Kyle wants to continue to be responsible for
this role. Fine by me as long as I have a name. For Cinder, Jay Bryant
attends the third party meeting and gives updates, Ramy has put in the
most work on CIs and is a great resource for answering questions and
Duncan holds the hammer on what stays in master but the third party
meetings are too late for him to attend most times, so he co-ordinates
with Jay. Again as long as I know who to talk to. For Nova? Well right
now Nova is kind of hit and miss so I would appreciate a name there.
Other projects? If you have vendors or ci accounts testing your
projects, please get in touch.

Thanks,
Anita.