[openstack-dev] [cinder]pylint errors with hashlib

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Aug 26 02:47:12 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 06:45 PM, Murali Balcha wrote:
> Pylint on my patch is failing with the following error:
>
> Module 'hashlib' has no 'sha256'
>
> Cinder pylint already has following exceptions,
>

> pylint_exceptions:["Instance of 'sha1' has no 'update' member", ""]
>
> pylint_exceptions:["Module 'hashlib' has no 'sha224' member", ""]
>

> So I think "hashlib has no 'sha256'" should be added to the exception
> list as well. How can I update the exception list?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Murali Balcha

I think this may be related to your install of python. Mine does not
have this problem.

$ python
Python 2.7.6 (default, Mar 22 2014, 22:59:56)
[GCC 4.8.2] on linux2
>>> import hashlib
>>> hashlib.sha256
<built-in function openssl_sha256>
>>> hashlib.sha224
<built-in function openssl_sha224>
>>> s = hashlib.sha1()
>>> s.update('somestring')

You should not need to treat these as acceptable failures.

Clark