[openstack-dev] [Neutron][DevStack] How to increase developer usage of Neutron

Baohua Yang yangbaohua at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 09:16:54 UTC 2014

Through my experience, RDO should be the most reliable way to do the
deployment.
Also, there're some more detailed installation scripts, like
https://github.com/ChaimaGhribi/OpenStack-Icehouse-Installation/blob/master/OpenStack-Icehouse-Installation.rst
.

Still, I think, as a developer, it would be nice to have a deeper
understanding of the underlay implementation.

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 9:25 PM, Mike Spreitzer <mspreitz at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I'll bet I am not the only developer who is not highly competent with
> bridges and tunnels, Open VSwitch, Neutron configuration, and how DevStack
> transmutes all those.  My bet is that you would have more developers using
> Neutron if there were an easy-to-find and easy-to-follow recipe to use, to
> create a developer install of OpenStack with Neutron.  One that's a pretty
> basic and easy case.  Let's say a developer gets a recent image of Ubuntu
> 14.04 from Canonical, and creates an instance in some undercloud, and that
> instance has just one NIC, at 10.9.8.7/16.  If there were a recipe for
> such a developer to follow from that point on, it would be great.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

Best wishes!
Baohua