[openstack-dev] New feature on Nova

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Aug 21 18:03:47 UTC 2014

On 08/21/2014 08:00 AM, thomas.pessione at orange.com wrote:
> Sorry if I am not on the right mailing list. I would like to get some
> information.

No problem, this is the correct mailing list as this message is about
discussing the "future" of an openstack component.

> I would like to know if I am a company who wants to add a feature on an
> openstack module. How do we have to proceed ? And so, what is the way
> this new feature be adopted by the community.

This message is a good way to start: circulate the idea and start
collecting feedback from other developers. As Daniel P. Berrange said,
you may need to file a spec and blueprint later on if you get positive
feedback. Jay's message makes me think that your proposal may need more
discussion on this list, maybe on IRC too, before you embark in
proposing a spec+blueprint.

A small and important note: companies are not people (despite what US
Supreme Court thinks), so a new feature is proposed by people. People
propose new features and discuss them, defend them, develop them, review
them, etc. Companies give money in exchange. It's a crucial distinction.

/stef

> Thank you.

Bah. This message was sent to a public mailing list. If it contains
confidential information, tough for Orange: it's gone, public, used,
copied and distributed. The receivers cannot be held accountable. These
automatic messages are so useless.