[openstack-dev] [openstack][DOUBT]Please clarify

Sharath V vsharathis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 07:11:41 UTC 2014

Dear Friends, Have an doubt, please clarify me .!! When i start
understanding openstack , There are three nodes a) controller node
b)Compute node c) Network node
i) as my understanding controller node contains all the components like
nova,neutron cinder,glance,swift,Horizon etc

ii) Compute node is nova and neutron but not all components.

iii) Network node is nova and neutron.

when i reading doc , they said like openstack compute (Controller Services)
, openstack network services (Cloud controller) , can you please clarify is
each and every component of openstack has controller and client? [like Nova
Service(Controller) - Nova Client, Neutron Service (Controller) - neutron
client, cinder controller - cinder client ] or (nova controller for compute
, nova-network for cloud controller), Is Nova only controller , if nova is
only a controller it must be act as orchestration right? if yes then why we
have to use heat for orchestration ?

If any thing wrong , please clarify me,

if you have any document or guide please route to me.

Thank you in advance,

--
Best Regards,
Sharath