[openstack-dev] [all][oslo] official recommendations to handle oslo-incubator sync requests

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Aug 20 08:07:42 UTC 2014

Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> [...]
> I hope I've described the existing oral tradition correctly. Please
> comment on that, and if we're ok with the way it's written above, I'd
> like to update our wiki pages ([1] and [2]) with that.

That matches my version of the oral tradition.

One point to note is that we should refrain from doing gratuitous
oslo-incubator syncs, since the process is so painful :) Once oslo
libraries graduate, they are handled through usual dependency version
updates, which are not really encouraged in stable either. So this
process should IMHO really be limited to critical bugs and security issues.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)