[openstack-dev] [all] The future of the integrated release

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Aug 20 03:31:22 UTC 2014

On 20 August 2014 15:28, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:

> I think you mean it 'can be argued'... ;). And I'd be happy if folk in
> those communities want to join in the deployment program and have code
> repositories in openstack/. To date, none have asked.

Sorry, that was incomplete. I should add that prior to the
program/project splitout it would have been conceptually a lot harder
to do that, and I think we're still feeling the ramifications of that
split. But it seems clear to me that folk doing deployments with Chef
should have a way to collaborate that is recognised by the Deployment
Program - just as (IMO) it makes sense for the docker folk to be able
to have a docker repository in the openstack/ namespace.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist