[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Docker] Run OpenStack Service in Docker Container

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 19 14:52:06 UTC 2014

Jay Lau <jay.lau.513 at gmail.com> wrote on 08/14/2014 08:54:56 AM:
> I see a few mentions of OpenStack services themselves being
> containerized in Docker. Is this a serious trend in the community?

http://allthingsopen.com/2014/02/12/why-containers-for-openstack-services/

It looks to me like the problem addressed there is managing port
assignments.  To make progress on that you would need something that lets
the clients know the host&port endpoints where the servers are found, and
you would need both the clients and servers using it.

Regards,
Mike