[openstack-dev] [TripleO] fix poor tarball support in source-repositories

Gregory Haynes greg at greghaynes.net
Tue Aug 19 00:22:08 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Clint Byrum's message of 2014-08-16 14:33:20 +0000:
> That is a separate bug, but I think the answer to that is to use rsync
> instead of mv and globs. So this:
>
>     mv $tmp/./* $destdir
>
> becomes this:
>
>     rsync --remove-source-files $tmp/. $destdir

+1 on this approach. It's straightforward to explain and fairly easy to
reason about.

I saw mention of checking the in-tarball contents to determine what to
do - I would prefer us to be explicit about the behavior to take rather
than depend on some internal structure of an external package. While we
have to depend on the structure of the tarball to a certain extent, IMO
we should minimize this if possible.