[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Docker] Run OpenStack Service in Docker Container

Adrian Otto adrian.otto at rackspace.com
Mon Aug 18 17:42:28 UTC 2014

If you want to run OpenStack services in Docker, I suggest having a look at Dockenstack:

https://github.com/ewindisch/dockenstack

Adrian

On Aug 18, 2014, at 3:04 AM, Jay Lau <jay.lau.513 at gmail.com<mailto:jay.lau.513 at gmail.com>> wrote:

I see that there are some openstack docker images in public docker repo, perhaps you can check them on github to see how to use them.

[root at db03b04 ~]# docker search openstack
NAME                                     DESCRIPTION                                     STARS     OFFICIAL   AUTOMATED
ewindisch/dockenstack                    OpenStack development environment (using D...   6                    [OK]
jyidiego/openstack-client                An ubuntu 12.10 LTS image that has nova, s...   1
dkuffner/docker-openstack-stress         A docker container for openstack which pro...   0                    [OK]
garland/docker-openstack-keystone                                                        0                    [OK]
mpaone/openstack                                                                         0
nirmata/openstack-base                                                                   0
balle/openstack-ipython2-client          Features Python 2.7.5, Ipython 2.1.0 and H...   0
booleancandy/openstack_clients                                                           0                    [OK]
leseb/openstack-keystone                                                                 0
raxcloud/openstack-client                                                                0
paulczar/openstack-agent                                                                 0
booleancandy/openstack-clients                                                           0
jyidiego/openstack-client-rumm-ansible                                                   0
bodenr/jumpgate                          SoftLayer Jumpgate WSGi OpenStack REST API...   0                    [OK]
sebasmagri/docker-marconi                Docker images for the Marconi Message Queu...   0                    [OK]
chamerling/openstack-client                                                              0                    [OK]
centurylink/openstack-cli-wetty          This image provides a Wetty terminal with ...   0                    [OK]

I think it's a very interesting test for docker. I too have been think about this for some time to try and dockerise OpenStack services, but as the usual story goes, I have plenty things I'd love to try, but there are only so many hours in a day...

Would definitely be interested to hear if anyone has attempted this and what the outcome was.

Any suggestions on what the most appropriate service would be to begin with?