[openstack-dev] [Neutron][QA] Enabling full neutron Job

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Mon Aug 18 13:37:36 UTC 2014

Thanks Mark.
As usual I had to fetch your message from the spam folder!

Anyway, I received a sensible request to avoid running neutron tests for
advanced services (load balancing, firewall, vpn), in the integrated gate.
Therefore the patches [1] and [2] will not run anymore service plugins in
 the 'standard' neutron job. On the other hand the introduce a new
"extended" neutron job - which is exactly the same as the neutron full job
we have now - which will run only on the neutron gate.

This is good because neutron services and other openstack projects such as
nova or keystone are pretty much orthogonal, and this will avoid causing
failures there should any of these services become unstable. On the other
hand it's good to point out that if changes in oslo libraries should break
the service plugin, we won't be able to detect that anymore as oslo
libraries use the integrated gate.

Also, some services such as load balancing and firewall run also
smoketests. Considering the current job structure this mean they have been
executed already for months in the integrated gate. Also - they will keep
being executed as the postgresql smoke job will keep running in place of
the full one until bug [3] is fixed.

Obviously if you disagree with this approach, please speak up. And note
that the patches [1] and [2] are WIPs at the moment. I'm aware that they
don't work ;)

Salvatore

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/114933/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/114932/